Friday, December 8, 2006

The Zoo

The Zoo

We had the whole weekend planned from the start
That night when I foolishly handed you my heart
You and me on our own
Camping overnight at the zoo
I couldn't have known
That's when we'd be through

It was a fight about a fight
Where no one could be awarded right
Your torrid might unexpectedly exploded
Accusatory finger thrown in my face, in fear
Held at gunpoint, your insults were loaded
Wish I could be replaced anyplace but here

Blamed my drama on being American
You probly can't remember, but I still can
In our pitched tent
Inside you went
As you took me from above
We made something in that tent
It no longer was love
Just a mess
I redressed
Cried alone in the bathroom stall
When I came back
You reacted
Like the whole scene was redacted
Like nothing had happened at all
I suppressed
Hid my tears in a cough
We kept going, but really
That's when I called it all off

A zoo is for families
Children and parents
They can spot out fallacies
And ours was apparent
The animals were joyous
They watched as you destroyed us
Thought I mattered more to you
But what's a girl to do
Shattered at the zoo

I waited for your apology
But when you spoke
You proposed to me
As a joke
I would have said okay
If only you meant it
I'm your three-month holiday
But that's not how I spent it
I guess I was delerious
To believe that we were serious
At least I was for you
But what's a girl to do
Engaged in rage
While trapped in a cage at the zoo

You and me, we were doomed from the start
I regret, can't forget, should have rolled up the heart
Safety-pinned to my sleeve
When I woke up next to you
I wish I didn't leave
Before I spoke up to you
I'm left to bereave
Train myself to believe
We broke up at the zoo
We broke up at the zoo
We broke up at the zoo

No comments: