Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dust

Dust

Our names are just words
Covered by dust
Just like that old thing
That relationship
Been neglected for seven months

Sitting all alone
With pictures of us
Wondering what you're doing
What schemes you must be brewing
While our meaningless pictures are gathering dust

Today I wore your ring
And I wore with it your kisses
And all the nice things you ever said to me
There were five months on my finger
I couldn't resist it
And the street at dusk where you gave it to me
I wore you, too
it fit so nicely
and looked so shiny
and the cubic zirconia was diamond
I don't want to take you off again
I wore this anachronism
With my masochism recollecting us
Now it's only lonely back in its box
Collecting dust

Once I had kissed you
But maybe I dreamt it
What if I had
But I never had meant it?

Maybe it was love
Maybe it was lust
But all those words
And all those thoughts
Have been scraped off the wall
And flutter through the air
And fall across my face
Like dust

No comments: