Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Goodbye

So, to make me even more unemployable, I am a New Yorker living in Los Angeles writing a musical. That's right - I flew to the other side of the country to aspire to be something that New York is excplicitly known for - good theatre. I am forever choosing the scenic route through life.

So here's Song #1 from my musical about how fucked up life is. I mean, about college and real life and how they're nothing like one another.

In this opening song, the four incoming freshman say goodbye to their families and are excited about starting a whole new chapter of their lives.

Goodbye

DAMIEN:
Goodbye mom
Goodbye dad
Goodbye home
It seems sad
A major change in the program
But I’m packing up
And ready to move
Ready to prove who I am

KATHLEEN:
Goodbye mom
Goodbye dad
Say hello to
An undergrad!
I know you’ll miss me a lot
But I’m packing up
And ready to move
Ready to prove what I’ve got

SCOTT:
Goodbye folks
I’ll call ya now and then
I can’t wait to relive
High school over again
But this time there’s no chaperones
Thanks for the cash
But I’ve gotta dash
I’ve got freshman in college hormones!

ABBEY:
Goodbye mom
I’ll call you tonight
I’ll do just as you say
Shake hands, be polite
But I won’t forget my purpose
Maintain a four point o
While inside I know
Nothing could ever usurp us


DAMIEN:
My life has always been defined
With a camera glued to my hand
And a story stuck in my mind
I’ll make them understand
The entertainment industry is calling
Gotta enter, no time to be stalling

ABBEY:
Doctors are always needed
I’ll gladly spend my life helping the sick
So far I’ve always succeeded
But I hope these four years go by quick
I admit in the past I’ve felt smothered
But you’re never too old to be mothered

KATHLEEN:
I’ll be cast as the lead in the play, and then
I’ll be president of my sorority
Making everyone jealous as sin
Will be my main priority
There’s nothing I can’t anticipate
I’ve got my whole life planned out great

SCOTT:
I never cared about school at all
But dad paid, so why not, I’m going
A busted knee, so no chance of football
I’ll focus on those wild oats that need sowing
I’ll ace my anatomy classes
Studying these college girls’ asses!

ABBEY / DAMIEN:
First day of school, today
Is when my genius premieres
I’ve failed everyone unless
I pave my own way
These four important years
Are prologue to success

SCOTT / KATHLEEN:
You’ve taught me all you’ve known
It’s all forgot
Sure you’d disapprove
I’ll learn life on my own
Mistakes are what
It takes to improve

KATHLEEN:
To be the best

DAMIEN:
To be obsessed

ABBEY:
To pass the test

SCOTT:
To take a rest

KATHLEEN:
To impress

DAMIEN:
To express

ABBEY:
To progress

SCOTT:
To repress

KATHLEEN:
To be in control

SCOTT:
To find my soul

ABBEY:
To reach my goal

DAMIEN:
To perfect my art

ALL:
I’m here

SCOTT:
Drum roll!

ALL:
Life can start

No comments: