Wednesday, December 6, 2006

A Little Romance

Musical quartet alert!!!

Damien and Kathleen start dating – this is the first real, loving relationship Kathleen’s ever been in where the guy respects her. This is Damien’s first relationship, period.

Scott gets tons of girls, but there are never any real feelings involved.

Abbey still hasn’t adjusted to social college life.

Everyone's sick in this song - Damien and Kathleen give each other the flu, but take care of one another. Abbey has pnemonia, but no mother around to take care of her - she doesn't know how to survive on her own. Scott drinks too much and parties too much and it starts to take a toll on his health.

A Little Romance

DAMIEN:
A little romance
It makes a nice change
I took a chance
Even that was quite strange

I’m the luckiest guy on earth
To have a girl like Kathleen
She’s my Rita Hayworth
I’m a stud like James Dean

Always keeping it sarcastic
Pretending I’ve a heart of plastic
But now I simply feel fantastic
With this little romance of mine
Everything’s fine

SCOTT:
A little romance
But a lot more lust
Take off your pants
Don’t think, just thrust

You need love to be set free
That’s a bunch of bull
My heart feels empty
But my schedule’s always full

What could be more appealing
Than a girl before you kneeling
Easier than really feeling
And a way to pass the night
Everything’s… alright

KATHLEEN:
A little romance
And sexual tension
Guess I don’t need implants
To get the boys’ attention

I always had a boyfriend
Some of them would cheat
No matter, I’d pretend
My life was complete

The most liked girl in high school
With a guy extremely un-cool
Vulnerable to ridicule
But let my friends stare
I don’t care

ABBEY:
A little romance
Even flirting would suffice
A girl like Kathleen enchants
All I am is “nice”

Men aren’t drawn
To a girl with just a brain
I make myself yawn
All I do now is complain

Who needs love? I’ve got my grade
Eighteen and never disobeyed
Fate as a perpetual bridesmaid
So many worlds left unexplored
I’m bored

ALL:
A little romance
Not a lot, but enough
Thought I was complete
Never messed with the stuff

DAMIEN:
I feel like a king
Transformed from the jester
Got the world on a string
In just half a semester

KATHLEEN:
Thought I knew the words
To every love song
I got it backwards
I had love all wrong

ABBEY:
What I’d give to swap
A life like Kathleen’s
The only guy’s list I top
Every time is the Dean’s

SCOTT:
I’m a real lucky guy
To have all this
I always try to justify
Not having someone to miss

ALL:
I didn’t volunteer
For these heart transplants
What do I do now that it’s here?
This little romance

I once was devout
To circumstance, I swore
But I can't live without
A little romance anymore

No comments: