Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Undeclared

Scott is my favorite character in my musical just because of this song. I've written thirteen songs so far and out of all of those, Scott only has this one and is featured in three others. But this song, I'm very proud of it. It's gotten the best reaction out of all my songs I've ever written. Way to hype it up, huh??

Scott comes from a privileged family who told him he could go anywhere he wanted to go and do whatever he wanted to do. Scott is good looking, popular, a high school sports star, and has no idea what he wants to do in his life. He can't decide on a major, and he spends all his time with his new frat buddies picking up girls and living in the moment.

Undeclared

SCOTT:
I’m undeclared
Unprepared for reality
I don’t know what the world wants from me
What I want from myself
Who is this Scott?
My mother tells me have a good year
My father points to the awards on the shelf
The atmosphere is insincere
They expect a lot
Just take another shot
Drink another beer
Have a good year

FRAT BROTHERS:
Alpha Beta Phi
It’s our friendship and you have to pay your dues
Are you our kinda guy?
One that a sorority chick screws
On us you can rely
For brotherhood and for booze
We don’t even have to try
For the best fraternal reviews
With Alpha Beta Phi
Get our point? You can’t lose
Grab a joint, get high
And choose!

SCOTT:
Could I be satisfied
Classified as this?
I haven’t been denied
Or tried a lot to miss
Out on the field
I can shield what I’m really thinking
I’m quickly healed
That’s what appealed me to drinking
Pot brownies for a meal

FRAT BROTHERS:
Rush!

SCOTT:
The best way to taste the day

FRAT BROTHERS:
Rush!

SCOTT:
If you just don’t feel

FRAT BROTHERS:
Lush!

SCOTT:
Can’t feel your life waste away

FRAT BROTHERS:
Join us!

SCOTT:
Totally numb to what won’t come
Wash it down with gin
You’re ready to begin

FRAT BROTHERS:
Delta Delta Delta
I’ve felt ya, felt ya, felt ya!
A busty Kappa slut
Will bust you out of your rut!
So many houses, so many choices
See-through blouses and sexy voices!
All yours for the taking
Who cares if they’re faking?
In the dark you’ll make your mark!
So make us your first choice!

SCOTT:
Why should I declare now
A future I’m unaware of?
I think it’s awfully rare how
Some people fully swear love
To just one side of their personality
The rest not allowed to show
A major personal fatality
To limit how far you can grow
That can’t be my reality

FRAT BROTHERS:
We can show
You where to go
Do some blow
And you’ll know
You’re our new bro

SCOTT:
Life is waiting, but it can wait
While I score another date
The time is mine to just relax
Keep the books on their bookstacks
Use everything the frat has taught
And that’s a lot
Enjoy what you’ve got
Take another shot
Chug another beer
Have a good year
As Scott

No comments: