Sunday, January 21, 2007

Three More Weeks

Three More Weeks

You came out of the blue
I like you cause you’re new
Light and bright in black
My heart under attack

The perfection of the Meet-Cute
A lifelong obsession
Surprisingly resembled
Our Monday night confession
Stopped my habits in their tracks
You can’t be good for my depression

Will three weeks really change fate
One more day
One more kiss
Love can’t endure everything
Not even one as great as this

You redefine my fantasies
Hanging velvet tapestries
On my mind’s blind eye
Over what’s to come
At the start there was a finish line
But I’m not yet done
Delaying the inevitable
Is it that bad a crime?
I love you
It sounded good at the time.

I can only change the date
One more week
One more kiss
But I can’t change everything.
You’re going to be missed.

No comments: