Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's Raining

It's Raining

It's raining, how appropriate, like the world just knew
Having rain falling down right now would fit the mood

It wouldn't feel right if the sun was out instead
The black-lite stars stuck to my ceiling are crashing on my head

What's a girl to do
But stay all day in bed

I wear my anger awkwardly, it hangs off me like a mess
Masochism becomes me, like a pig's blood soaked prom dress

If I'm not my faults then I dissapear
Misery's a part time job, I've made it my career

A damsel in distress
Wishing you were here

Try a smile in denial, pretending it's all good
Real tragedy feels funny, isn't quickly understood

Divide it all by comedy and what you've got left is time
Feel alive while breaking down, it's never worth the rhyme

I bet if I could
I would feel sublime

It's raining, how predictable, but never with objection
I splash puddles on purpose to get rid of my reflection

I'm human, I'm not special with my universal sorrow
Blinded by the sunshine, I got rainclouds you could borrow

Right now need I attention
I'll be fine alone tomorrow

No comments: